Car Drives Into Pond After High Speed Chase | News
ORCHARD PARK, NY - An Orchard Park man was arrested following a high speed chase through two towns early Saturday morning.
Orchard Park police say an officer was trying to stop a vehicle when the car fled on Old Transit Road, reaching speeds over 100 mph.
Officers chased the car driven by 33-year-old Jeffrey Munro through Orchard Park and East Aurora. Stop sticks were deployed in front of the car which deflated the tires. Munro drove off the road onto a private property and into a pond.
Munro was taken into custody and is charged with DWI, unlawfully fleeing a police vehicle, reckless endangerment, and 20 other traffic violations.
Upcoming Events near Orchard Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dunkirk Male Sentenced: Filing Tax Returns for more than 120 Dead People
- County Historical Society Holiday Open House is Dec. 8
- Audubon’s Christmas Bird Count in Warren and Jamestown
- 3 Doors Down, Burlesque to Broadway, Mike Epps Join Seneca Casinos’ Winter Entertainment
- Not to Be Missed: “Winter Night Lights at Audubon”