Good Story Challenge - Hockey 4 Hearts | News
ORCHARD PARK, NY - We're on day 15 of the Daybreak Good Story Challenge. Today we're recognizing a group of kids who took the ice in Orchard Park on President's Day in honor of those who cannot.
They are part of the Hockey 4 Hearts tournament, featuring kids from all over Western New York. The event raises money for the Cardiac Care Unit at Buffalo's Women and Children's Hospital. Tom English, the chairman of the organization, says this is about young skaters supporting their peers who aren't well enough to play.
"Something like this is very important to us. We have many children that cannot do what we do and we want to be able to show them that we care for them and we're thinking about them when we're out on the ice. And it makes a big deal for the kids to help someone who's not as fortunate as them."
If you're interested in helping the organization, you can visit www.hockey4hearts.com.
Upcoming Events near Orchard Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dunkirk Male Sentenced: Filing Tax Returns for more than 120 Dead People
- County Historical Society Holiday Open House is Dec. 8
- Audubon’s Christmas Bird Count in Warren and Jamestown
- 3 Doors Down, Burlesque to Broadway, Mike Epps Join Seneca Casinos’ Winter Entertainment
- Not to Be Missed: “Winter Night Lights at Audubon”