State To Get Luxury Box As Part of Bills Lease | News
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A published report says the Cuomo administration is getting a 12-seat luxury box at the Buffalo Bills' stadium as part of the $130 million deal to renovate the NFL venue.
The New York Times reports that the suite was negotiated by the state as part of the agreement to keep the Bills in Western New York.
Citing state documents, the newspaper reports that the suite at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park will be used by public officials to promote New York state and the Buffalo-Niagara region.
Administration officials say since the stadium is publicly owned, using luxury boxes to promote the state is legitimate.
The team's 10-year, $271 million lease agreement was unanimously approved Thursday by Erie County lawmakers. State legislators are expected to give final approval to the deal soon.
Upcoming Events near Orchard Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight